moores law sustainability=celebrate social solutions worldwide

world greatest inventions systemised by Dr Yunus global social business system

no wonder us student audiences rank education the greatest of all the failed societal systems their parents have dumped on them

min 4 - discuss why is this usa's first student debt generation

Jobs Scandak - universities no lon longer right preparation for most students livelihoods

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Designing a world of no teenage homework and no adult underemployment

In one of many fall-off-your-seat moments, moore 1 2 interviews kids then teachers then parents then public servants who say no say no homework - at least none built round standardised multichoice tests as the hallmark of learning - to explore why sustainable post industrial nations will value norway paradigms more than american ones you need to find a question that opens your mind to where is education designed for children and where is it designed around teachers and government administrators

for example do we live in a world where 100% certainty is the goal of every subject or where 99% is already too perfect to be practical

do we live in a world where moist parents want the purpose of economics and social systems to be giving their children more of a chance at live and livelihoods that they had- and if we dont are we sustainable as nature;s fittest species

do you accept the research that shows that the most skilled people in the world maximised the amount of their ;life they sped at the experiential edge of their most unique competence in serving or creating

none of the above are delivered by the paradigm of teaching that maximises:

standardised testing

college student debt

praising top academic people fir 100% right their

spending billions of dollars around leaders who advertise end poverty and other sustainability goals but fire people who ask how do we know/valuate if our system and partners are still innovating such higher purpose

and as kenneth robinson says just maybe in the low communications age of empires 200 years ago, the uk as most powerful nation needed and education system that advanced the 1% because they could be relied on making the same rulership decision anywhere in the world while weeding out the other 99% of beings as duds. But thats not the age -compounding since end of world war 2 ) that investing 4000 times more in global village intercommunity knowhow flows and open society networks is about - not to learn what post-industrial revolution's leadership valuation is about in education is the surest way possible of ending the sustainability of the human species

as neighbors of ho - from potomac to china - say you havent loved if you havent experienced open space - so why would you design schooling around freeing kids to explore open space at every age  https://www.facebook.com/groups/2336949583/

STARTUP WOMENS AFRICA LAUNCH JAN 28 NAIROBI

Erastmus so excited by your phone call and the idea amy and you came up  yesterday with to flow open space into your startup networks during 4 days of open space experience on new york starting with  meeting on thursday 14 jan and developing short communique to ihub asking for maximum interaction with your goal of helping 1000 kenyan school empower girls to be job creators not job seekers- through introducing entrepreneurial and collaborative social solution competitions; 

it seems that between dean rolle, you, amy, martinez and kiehl you have a NY mentoring group that represents millennial  empowerment exchanges and startup processes, practices of coding and makers faires (eg fablab), open space and benchmark for world number 1 sustainability goals modeling which is what rolle partnership with bernardo gravitates - this has extra context for kenya as unhabitat leader of goal 11 sustainability communities and cities which happens to be the 20 year concern of john and dean rolle and amys friend dianne davies; goal 11 is also the bridge to pope francis un speech that family is sustainable societies and economies core development unit

i see ihub as world leaders in apps and maker faires and 4 hemisphere hackathons as well as crowdmapping software - so hope they will quickly enjoy opportunity to link with new york and MIT leaders of this which is what kiehl and martinez friends represent (over time we can then linkin ny's other mentor partners of kenya give directly and acumen the latter sharing offices with google NY)

regarding open space I think amy has started to embody a youth ambassadorship of this in 3 ways

1 she's had the life changing experience of seeing empower her own people to come up with community solutions- something her talk at Medgar Evers explained as  a hope that had never previously be lit due to chin'as authoritarian traditions- i understand that as a self-determined perfectionist shes been questioning herself every day since open space beijing whether shes competent enough to live up to the spirit of harrison

2 this is where the  summit of jan 15-17 comes in - the leading spirits of open space concerned with the legacy of this 80 year old- they dont want the method to ever be diluted

3 but as i have expressed to amy there is a third dimension of this which harrison has put up with me questioning for 10 years now- how does everyone get a chance to experience open space- harrison told me in 2006 that the clue is schools- children take to open space even when their teachers dont- so i have been going around for a decade with my marketing hat saying you havent lived if you havent experienced open space and therefore the dream is that before children leave school they have experienccd a truly open space= this is just a slogan i am happy with- and in spite of having no live facilitation skills, harrison seems to permit me to speak to this

anyhow whats perfect if you can attend jan 15-17 as you will see all the energies of 1 and 2 and therefore be able to assess whether the method is integral to marketing the movement you want - if so happy to sponsor amy to kenya if that suits all 3 of you, she and dean rolle

as i understand the bernardo-rolle memorandum of understanding connects joyful valuation of 2 freedom ideologies which are different sides of the same coin - what yunus calls social business and what franciscans call Preferential Option Poor- they are the same even if social business has originally a muslim spin because the two founders of the bangladesh women empowerment revolution both claim to have designed systems round paulo freire pedagogy of the oppressed - this applies POP to teaching by saying you cant teach the poor unless you are prepared to live with then and action learn from their contexts- from 2007 i visited bangladesh 10 times and the main learning regarding education was the belief that most students will no longer find a job waiting for them so education as a system must be changed to empower their entrepreneurial or social action networks- yunus had a whole chapter open social action as an educational pursuit in his 2007 book that i can give you a copy of - unfortunately when yunus lost his bank to local politics he flipped from being the most open collaborator with youth to charging non-bangladeshi youth huge fees - this is why bernardo and I have shifted from trying to clarify a curriculum of yunus to a curriculum that lives up to both franciscan vales and their muslim translation and their mandela/king translation and theit confucius translation- we have tried to introduce dean rolle to youth networks linking in each of these cultural ways back to job creating education- the conflict remains that there are few education systems around the world where teachers are happy with this level of change- another reason why it can felp to have open space in startup africa toolbox if needed

if going forward ihub is a partner in your process then amy and my friend taddy blecher the founder of south africa's world leading job creating university of underprivileged students has always said kenya and ihub would be his dream first international replication partner

there  is a second level of job creating education by practice area -in other words if curricula on tese practices start to be enjoyed at school you will also find deeper student entrepreneur solutions 

it is known by of world bank leader jim kim for example that the most additional girl effect livelihoods in a healtyh africa will first come from girls community heath services ;also rome's nuns are locally present as extraordinary potential mentors

in addition ruto of joyful women is demanding to understand how many water jobs could emerge at community level and of course kenya remains the nobel peace epicentre of greenbelt projects pioneered by wangaari maathai=bernardo's friend and former president of ecuador rosalia artega is leading the first annual review of unhabitat progress Quito November and the green club of rome shares its headquarters with the noble peace summit conference organisers

back in the 1980s obama's mother helped found womensworldbanking out of indonesia where she was concerned to sustain 5 types of makers skills in the villages most representing the value of such artisan crafts; she was a lady who died before her tome because as michael moore points out american health services dont value people the way europeans do

chris macrae wash dc 240 316 8157 http://globalgrameen.ning.com 

-LAB at MIT is a little more than 10 years old
Amy Smith ... Founder, Co-Director ... Inventor, visionary and inspirational teacher, Amy is the founder of D-Lab, and has a contagious passion for creativity and innovation. The daughter of an MIT professor, Amy started coming to MIT very early as a kid, and decided to stay for her undergraduate and graduate studies. She joined the Peace Corps for four years in Botswana, where she taught middle school in the Kalahari Desert and then became the Regional Beekeeping Officer for the Okavango River Delta. Amy has also founded or co-founded IDDS, IDEAS Competition, IDI and Rethink Relief. In her 'free' time, Amy pursues a variety of crafts, plays the saxophone, guitar and tin whistle and enjoys cycling, and kayaking.

MOBILE TECHNOLOGY GROUP was founded in 2014
The Mobile Technology Lab, established in 2014 by Rich Fletcher and based at D-Lab, develops new mobile technologies for a wide range of applications that have social impact, including: mHealth, global health, mobile psychiatry, and intelligent agriculture. Their research spans the areas of electronics / sensor design, advanced signal processing algorithms, machine learning, and user interface design.
Peter

Twitter: @truevaluemetric @peterbnyc 
Landline 570 431 4385
Email: peterbnyc@gmail.com

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 6:25 AM, christopher macrae a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" target="_blank" href="mailto:chris.macrae@yahoo.co.uk">chris.macrae@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Two years addressing human needs with mobile phones at D-Lab
As mobile phones have become an increasingly important part of people’s lives in developing countries, I launched the Mobile Technology Group nearly two years ago at D-Lab to help apply this technology to address important human needs, such as health, agriculture, and education.
In many ways, our Mobile Technology Group is a synthesis of my experience and training at the MIT Media Lab, with whom I still collaborate, and where I had the opportunity to spend 20-plus years working with three amazing mentors: Neil Gershenfeld (Physics and Electronics, FabLabs), Hiroshi Ishii (Human-Computer Interface Design), and Roz Picard (Physiological Monitoring and Machine Learning).
At D-Lab, I am able to apply these interdisciplinary skills to tackle some of the world’s most challenging problems with meaningful impact on people’s lives.
Global health, medicine, agriculture, environmental monitoring, and education
Approximately 60 percent of our group’s work is focused on global health, with other projects in medicine, agriculture, environmental monitoring, and education. Our research projects range from mobile apps and devices to assess newborn babies in India, to low-cost tool kits for diagnosing pulmonary diseases and cardiovascular disease, which are a substantial burden throughout the world. For this work, we’ve been fortunate to receive a variety of research grants and awards from many organizations, including USAID, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the MIT Tata Center for Technology and Design, the MIT-MISTI program, and the Vodafone Americas Foundation. 
Much of what our group does is build clever little devices that connect to a mobile phone to perform specific tasks—such as measuring the amount of particles in the air or scanning a person’s skin to detect early signs of diabetes. Since Bluetooth adds additional cost, and requires the need for people to remember to recharge the batteries, we have developed a common USB interface for Android phones, so the external devices are powered by the phone itself without any need for batteries.
Some of the mobile apps we develop don’t need any external devices at all, because smart phones already contain many integrated sensors, including high resolution cameras. Using advanced signal processing techniques and machine learning algorithms, we can transform a smart phone into a portable lab, to diagnose disease or test dairy milk, for example. Since no hardware is required, these technologies can be deployed and scaled very quickly once the clinical and scientific validation is completed.
Interface design: pioneering the use of augmented reality
Of all the things we do, interface design is probably most important, although it’s probably the least appreciated. Many engineering schools around the world have designed mobile apps and electronic gadgets to be used in low-resource areas, but most of these have failed—not because the technology did not work, but because it did not match the skills and resource constraints of the users.
As an example, one area of interface design our group has been pioneering is the use of augmented reality for application to health screening, medical devices, and printed diagnostic tests. When I was working in the US Air Force 20 years ago, we were using augmented reality to help people to do maintenance on very complex machines, such as aircraft engines using fancy glasses. In our group, we are now applying this technology to enable unskilled health workers to essentially do maintenance on people, and to interpret complex biochemical tests that are emerging in the field of point of care diagnostics.
Shifting the focus from apps and gadgets to the ways in which mobile technology can influence behavior
The next wave of technology innovation, however, is not about apps and gadgets, but rather thinking about how mobile technology influences people’s behavior. As an assistant professor at UMass Medical School Department of Psychology, I also study how mobile technologies can play an important role in mental health and behavioral interventions. As the world’s population ages, an increasing proportion of our disease burden is not infectious diseases, but rather chronic diseases, such as diabetes and cancer. Improving our lifestyle and nutrition is an important part of that.
As a culture, we increasingly rely on mobile phones to communicate with the rest of the world and to spread ideas. These little devices that we hold in our hands are actually very powerful platforms to deliver images, audio, and video, as well as to connect us to a wide variety of social media and a select network of humans. In collaboration with other clinical researchers, we are exploring topics which are perhaps less palatable but equally important, including: depression, substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, suicide, and the process of radicalization. Research in these areas is complex, but includes tools such as passive screening of affect and psychopathology, tools for meditation, and navigating social support networks. This is our next frontier.   
Certainly, mobile phones are used by communities in both developed and developing countries. However, in developing countries, there are few technology alternatives. Whether it is for scanning a newborn child or screening for Alzheimer’s in an elderly woman, the mobile phone is a versatile tool that is both personal and ubiquitous. At D-Lab, I hope to continue to explore these different research paths.
On a personal note: why D-Lab
As a child of immigrant parents, and the first person in my immediate family to go to college, I’m happy to have the opportunity at D-Lab to work with poor communities around the world. My step-father was a carpenter, so I grew up with power tools, learning to build houses and fix cars. The environment at D-Lab seems quite familiar and very real, with everyone here knowing how to use tools to build things, like bicycles or cooking stoves, with natural materials, like metal, wood and stone.  
At the D-Lab 10th anniversary celebration a few years ago, I was impressed that invited guests were instructed to screen print their own T-shirts once they arrived. I think this grounding is a refreshing balance to many of the technologies we develop at MIT, which are often virtual or synthetic. The D-Lab perspective and its focus on the local community needs serve as important guiding principles for any successful technology deployment, and certainly mobile technology is no exception.
To learn more about our projects and team, visit the Mobile Technology Group website

if i could be a primary school student and choose where to go i'd chose the sckgools in new zealand of gordon dryden o

www.thelearningweb.netif i could be in

gordon schools also became the dream of 10 million chinese families- question why have they never invaded another nation's schooling system

Reply to Discussion

RSS

electing youth's worldwide leaders

help worldwide youth  networks action learn how curriculum of Muhammad Yunus makes one of top 10 networks for womens livelihoods

We propose that this ning connects 21st C curriculum of peacemaking. Let us start up by helping peoples understand the 4 way that governments kill off peace by designing systems that destroy youth's futures. We urgently welcome your help in this mother of all open system and open society searches

hottest youth-spring question of our life and times-can online education end youth unemployment for ever ? yes but only if you help map how!

ENTREPRENEURIAL REVOLUTION NETWORK BENCHMARKS  2011-20 : Remembering Norman Macrae

archives at The Economist

Number 1 in Economics for Youth

help charter www.thegrameenbank.com

29 transparency Questions on grameen and yunus issued in Dhaka Sept 2012

2012 is The Economist's 40th year since Norman Macrae started the Entrepreneurual Revolution dialogue in The Economist- will economists design or destroy the net generation 2010s as most productive time for all worldwide youth? Norman's last 5 years were spent celebrating Muhammad Yunus as the leading pro-youth economic mobiliser of ideas of what's possible to do with million times more col;aboration tech than when man raced to moons in 1960s

our most popular webs on ER www.erworld.tv -active project help grow youth and yunus usa job creation 1 2tour 2012-2013

www.wholeplanet,tv

www.youtheconomics.com  www.microcredit.tv 

***active project help compile 2nd special issue of what job creators have learnt from microcredit-download contents from first special issue sampled to 2500 delegates at world microcredit summit spain 2011

PUT YOUR REGION ON THE COLLABORATION WORLD MAP- what's the best news for future of jobs/society in your regions that others can app? rsvp chris.macrae@yahoo.co.uk

4 NATIONS THAT CAN LEAD YOUTH WWW TO SUSTAINABILITY

China 11)

USA (10)

Japan

Brazil 9

EUROZONE IN GREATEST DANGER OF LOST GENERATION

UK8

France

Germany (3.0-5)

Spain

Italy

Netherlands

Belgium

Luxembourg

Switzerland

Norway

sweden

finland

denmark

Russia (2.8-6)

Poland

Greece

turkey

ASIAN SEASONS BEYOND SPRING?

Bangla7

India (4.2-4)

Sri Lanka

Pakistan

Afghanistan

Nepal

Malaysia

Singapore

Indonesia

Thailand

Myanmar

Philippines

Cambodia

Vietnam

Korea

OAsia

Australia

New Zealand

Canada 10

SOUTH OF THE BORDER 9

Haiti9

Mexico

Chile

Argentina

Paraguay

Uruguay

Bolivia

Peru

Ecuador

Colombia

Venezuela

AFRICA RISING

Morocco1

Senegal2

Cameroon3

SAfrica 5

Ethiopia 4

Kenya4

Algeria1

Tunisia

Libya

Egypt

Mauritania

Benin2

Burkina F

CoteDIvoire

Ghana

Guinea

Togo

Gambia

SierraLeone

Liberia

Mali

Niger

Nigeria

RepCentreA3

Gaboa

Guinea

Congo

RepCongo

Chad

Tanzania4

Rwanda

Uganda

Sudan

Eritrea

Somalia

Angola5

Zambia

Malawi

Zimbabwe

Mozambique

Madagascar

Namibia

Botswana

ARAB SPRING

SaudiArabia6

Jordan

Israel

Palestine

UAE

Dubai

Oman

Lebanon

Syria

Iran

Iraq

Kuwait

Bahrain

we wel

At globalgrameen.com & through global assemblies, we (youth, microeconomists, end poverty networkers and sustainability heroes) try to map systemic kinds of social action searches for questions and answer like these :
where can economics of youth be peer to peer networked, information technology for the poor be celebrated and job creating solutions open sourced across global villages? worldeconomist.net .. globalassembly.tv journalofsocialbusiness.com Economics Labs 1 2 3 FutureCapitalism Ning ; 2010s most exciting decade - netfuture critical entrepreneurial challenges as seen in 1984; as invited by worldwide friends of DR Yunus in making 2010s most exciting decade

chris.macrae@yahoo.co.uk

Concept YUNUS SB world banks to help youth, yunus and France co-create now

SB world bank 1: yunus and youth  - 15 years into mobile poor co-creativity

extraordinary futures the rural poor are co-creating with mobiles

Mobile marvels  with a liitle help from Tag-Eonnets

SB world bank 2 = yunus and youth 15 years into cheerleading solar

Do you have better news on solar energy than this Economist podcast?

Cheaper, more efficient and feasible

sb world bank 3: france and yunus - 7 years into extremely affordable partnerships danone coomunities, china and yunus are near to taking over lead of trillion dolar infant nutrkition  market eladership with yang ying bao

other way round stories of rich corporations innovating with poorest partners n search of extremely affordable innovation

India's secret weapon
upcoming sb world bank 4 - dormant accounts turned into danone communities across europe in time for royals to celebrate olympics and youth ending poverty before countries beyond Greece collapses the Euro
sb world bank 5 - transformation of aid in G25 microeconomic world

sb world bank 6 martin hirsch and monica yunus   launch millennium 3 www communities youth peace corps in time for royals across europe to celebrate in pre-olympics week

© 2017   Created by chris macrae.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service